Event sponsored by the Friends of San Pedro Valley Park.
Mary Jean “Corky” Quirk is a favorite presenter at the Friends of San Pedro Valley Park lecture series with both children and adults. Yearly she gives us a talk and this time around, due to the pandemic, she will be coming to us live from Yolo County. Don’t miss this remarkable presentation which will give you a chance to see these cute little bats up close and to learn all about them. A program not to be missed!
The webinar will take place on Saturday, October 17 th at 4 pm. Reservations are required, so please RSVP to the Friends of SPVP email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are interested in participating, please respond by noon on Friday, October 16th.
- On the day of the lecture, an invitation to join the webinar will be sent about 30 minutes prior to the talk in order for everyone to be ready by 4 pm.
- The lecture with Q&A will last one hour.
- Questions will be submitted in writing using Zoom.
- Q&A will take place at the end of the lecture
About the program: Learn about bats and see live species of bats native to San Pedro Valley Park, via Zoom. Corky Quirk, founder of NorCal Bats, has worked with these amazing mammals since 2004. She will share her knowledge about bats,
then will show live bats with a webcam so you can see their details in the comfort of your own home. While viewing the live bats, you will have the chance to ask questions. All bats in our area eat insects and are important for insect control. They save farmers in the United States billions of dollars annually. Once you see their faces, you will appreciate them in a completely new way.
NorCal Bats is dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, and release of bats throughout Northern California. Web site: www.NorCalBats.org