On Monday, June 29, drop-in picnic sites were opened for use by single households only. For your well-being and to guard against the spread of COVID-19, our park rangers ask that you:
- Bring a reusable table covering for picnic tables
- Bring and use hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes
- Don’t use any areas that are closed or barricaded (to support social distancing)
- Clean up when you’re done—dispose of waste in receptacles or take garbage with you and dispose of it at home.
- Clean the barbecue area if used
In keeping with current San Mateo County Health Orders and state guidelines, group gatherings are not allowed at or around drop-in picnic areas. Multiple drop-in picnic sites cannot be occupied by multiple households to form a group picnic gathering.
All reservation (group) picnic sites, including both the two Walnut Grove Group Picnic Areas and the Creekside Picnic Area (near the Trout Farm restroom) remain closed. The restrooms at Walnut Grove also remain closed. The Trout Farm restroom (at the south parking lot) is open for public use.
In addition, the Old Trout Farm trail has been opened. Hiking is permitted in both directions on the portion of the trail between the Trout Farm restroom and the water company gate (along the wide gravel road), but is one-way only on the upper section between the water company gate (where the trail narrows) and the trail’s junction with the Brooks Creek Trail.
The Visitor Center remains closed until further notice.
Please remember: NO FIREWORKS are allowed within the park boundaries.